||The History of Sharpenset
was founded by Arthur Sharp in 1956, under the name of A Sharp.
It started as a small light engineering company and in its infancy
leant towards the Sharpening industry, the name helping it along
that path. Although always in High Wycombe the company has occupied
three sites and its latest home is in Dashwood Avenue where we moved
in May 2000.
Whetstone Knife Grinding Machine, which the company produced became
far more famous than the company itself, so in 1977 the company
changed its name to Sharpenset Engineering Ltd.
with many different Industries, ranging from paper shredding
machines, to component parts for radiators, piano stools,
laminate cutters. The mainstay of the company has always been
the Sharpenset Whetstone, having sold over 30,000 machines
attachments have been developed to make the machines extremely
versatile and capable of sharpening most general purpose blades.Over
the last 40 years our sharpening machines, have serviced butchers,
abattoirs, meat processors, fisheries, woodworkers and many
varied industries from glass grinding to plastic mould de-burring.
|Sharpenset Engineering Manufactures
Precision Sharpening Machines that deliver an unbeatable edge!